Javiera' Bolden

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

 

chapter 13

lacquer- A liquid made of shellac dissolved in alcohol, or of synthetic substances, that dries to form a hard protective coating for wood.
My mom placed the cup on the lacquer Chinese table.
commode- A piece of furniture containing a concealed chamber pot.
When me .&&. my family watch the cooking show they use a commode to hold there pots.
dumbfounded- Greatly astonish or amaze.
The magician performed a stunt that made his crowed dumbfounded.
contemptible- Deserving contempt.
The judge gave my uncle a(n) contemptible sentence.
intimacy- Close familiarity or friendship.
Me and my best-friend has a(n) intimacy relationship.
mercantile- Relating to trade or commerce.
The retail salesmen asked if he can mercantile his product to a frequent customer. 

configuration- An arrangement of elements in a particular form, figure, or combination.

My teacher gives us a configuration of work.

chapter 14

bona fide- Genuine.
I am a very bona fide young female.
exertion- Physical or mental effort.
My best-friend's feelings can be exertion about some people.
apprentice-  A person who is learning a trade from a skilled employer, having agreed to work for a fixed period at low wages.
Im learning on how to become apprentice to different things.
peculiar- Strange or od.
My mom is very peculiar because she only eats a certain pickle. 
commissioned- The authority to perform a task or certain duties.
On a job you have to be commissioned about you duties.
plaited-  A single length of hair or other flexible material made up of three or more interlaced strands; a braid.
My sister plaited my hair when summer came around.
voodoo-  A black religious cult practiced in the Caribbean and the southern U.S., combining elements of Roman Catholic ritual with traditional African magical and religious rites, and characterized by sorcery and spirit possession.
The gentleman ask the women for a lock of her hair for voodoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home